The World Street Eats Launceston aims to create a venue where community can experience authentic cuisines and internationally-inspired meals, arts, and cultures of our diverse heritages. We hope to become Launceston’s place to meet, eat, buy, share, enjoy and celebrate the cultural diversity of Launceston. The patrons will experience delicious international food, music, other culturally-relevant activities in a welcoming family-friendly fare.
World Street Eats Launceston strives to be known as Launceston’s culturally diverse street food market where community can experience flavour of the world and embrace the cultural diversity that the city has to offer.
World Street Eats @ Civic Square will achieve our Vision by:
- Creating a food market that is rich in cultural diversity by bringing together cuisines from different continents of the world.
- Marrying the concept of world cuisines with locally sourced ingredients to provide fresh quality global dishes to the community.
- Curating local small businesses, artists, suppliers that can offer products and services that showcase the cultural diversity of the community.
- Being accessible by all and creating a sense of place for the community and the visitors.
- Promoting creativity as well as providing a starting platform for emerging small businesses, particularly migrants and minority groups, to begin their entrepreneurial journey in the city.
Our Core Value
Community, Harmony, Quality, Knowledge, Creativity, Sustainability, Respect