Your safety is our priority. We continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation daily and continues to adjust strategies as the situation changes. The following proactive measures have been enacted to reduce the risk of spreading the Coronavirus at the Market.Well Being of staff and customers
- Provide our stakeholders with information and training on Covid-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing and cleaning. Relevant information will be sent to staff and stallholders prior to each market day.
- Display conditions of entry – Information on Covid Safety Guidelines will be published on social media, website, as well as entry/exit points. The information includes but is not limited to social distancing practices to be used at the market and maximum number of people allowed at Civic Square.
- Stallholders will be required to display a A4 size signage to remind patrons of Covid-safe guidelines. The signage will be provided to the stallholders.
- Staff and stallholders will be required to email/text the market manager by 5 pm the day before the market to check in and let the Market Manager know if they have been exposed to COVID-19, are running a fever, or showing any cold/flu symptoms.
- The market will be operated as a takeaway market. Food will be sold in a takeaway container only.
- Our market will be sealed off, with two entrances and exits, where we will count the number of patrons entering the market.
- The entrances and exits will be at the library side of the square and the Henty House side of the square.
- We will have staff/volunteers to welcome patrons and distribute hand sanitisers at both entrances.
- A limited number of patrons will be allowed to enter the market to make sure that safe distancing can be practiced.
- A separate entry and exit points will be assigned and clearly marked on the floor as well as on the bollards to avoid congregation at entrances and exits.
- Traffic cones/bollards will be used as a guide for entry and exit points.
- Buskers will be performed on the dedicated stage area which will be blocked off from the patrons.
- Each stallholder will be required to submit covid safety plan. They are required to stay within their own stalls. Each stall will be set up 2 meters apart with walls as barriers.
- Encourage stallholders to use contactless payments where possible.
- A bollard with a “Please Queue here” sign will be placed in front of each stall to create a safe distance between stall staff and the patrons. We will also be marking the floor in front of each stall to provide a visual guide for safe distancing.
- Our stakeholders will be encouraged to download the Covidsafe App to support contact tracing if required.
- Our market welcoming staff will be on duty within the market to greet our patrons and make sure our social distancing plan is followed.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at entry and exit points as well as around the market.
- Each vendor will be required to have a hand wash station (including water station, catch bucket, hand soap and paper towel) in their stall and asked to provide hand sanitiser at their cashier location for us by both customer and vendor.
- Staff will wear gloves when cleaning and wash hands thoroughly before and after with soap and water.
- There will be no seating provided other than what is already available in Civic Squares.
We want to assure our customers and communities we are monitoring and acting on current and future government and relevant health authority’s advice.For additional information please visit: https://www.health.gov.au/We would like to thank you for your continued patience, support and cooperation and look forward to seeing you soon.